The great flexibility of hydraulic systems is due to the ability of the user to program strokes, forces and speeds to fit the specific application, which makes cold forging an attractive solution. Single and multi-station hydraulic presses have an unlimited working capacity, offering advantages especially for long shaft-shaped parts.
Schuler’s patented RingValve prefill valves significantly shorten the cycle time of the hydraulic press. These valves provide fast filling of the hydraulic cylinders during rapid closing. The pressure in the cylinder can be released quickly so that the slide will start the return stroke without delay. Unlike traditional prefill valves, RingValve prefill valves can be opened under maximum pressure at bottom dead center, which significantly shortens the press release portion of the cycle.Presses with three cylinders allow Dynamic Force Control (DFC) to be used.
The oil flow is automatically supplied to one, two or all three cylinders depending on the force required. The maximum working speed is three times faster than conventional presses with the same drives. As a result, further cycle time reductions can be achieved, particularly for cold extrusion presses, where the force requirement does not rise significantly until the end of the forging cycle. Various process sequences can easily be programmed and saved by the operator using an on-screen menu control system. In addition, integrated and highly flexible part handling ensures maximum productivity.
- tight parts tolerances because of rigid press frame and design
- high-precision workpieces due to precise slide guiding and motorized height adjustable hard stroke limitations in the bed and below the individual forging stations
- increased output performance due to RingValve technology
- part-specific optimization of the press cycle by Dynamic Force Control (DFC) for high output
- low die wear due to low-speed contact (programmable motion curve)
- increased flexibility with more forging stations
- individually programmable ejectors in the bed and slide
|Range of application
|truck gear shafts
|3,150 – 40,000 kN
|tilting device, pusher conveyor feeder, weighing station, part drop-out, feed conveyor, adjustable transfer station, feeding robots
|robots optionally for cycling and/or transfer operating mode
|Slide stroke max.
|750 – 1,250 mm
|by means of die change arm and freely movable die change cart
- hydraulic clamping of the die block
- dynamic three-cylinder mode switching for maximum working speed
- motorized wedge adjustment of the stroke stop in BDC (bottom dead center)
- wedge adjustment of the various die stations on the slide